I FUCKING HATE SUNDAYS.


Sundays give me this really sick feeling. I finished school nearly 4 years ago, but for some reason as soon as 4pm on a Sunday rolls around I start thinking how I have unfinished homework to do and a uniform to put out and shoes to shine. Not that I ever shone my shoes (in fact, I don't think once in 12 years of formal education), but it doesn't stop me from thinking about it.

Today is Sunday, and I'm writing this post because I guess I haven't blogged in a while, and this is kind of my unfinished homework. I am currently drinking a cup of hot chocolate and listening to The Hives. Yesterday I downloaded everything they've ever done, and today I've felt so young listening to their albums the whole day, I even almost wore colour! I went through a Hives phase when I was around 13, and I don't think I will ever get over my teenage love of Pelle Almqvist, to be honest.

It seems that it's not only Sundays I hate lately. I hate Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays too. ( Fridays are, well FRIDAYS, duh).
Cape Town has me stuck. Or maybe I have me stuck. Either way, I am royally and truly stuck. I feel like I've done all I can do in this town, and quite honestly, it's boring me shitless. 
Even getting drunk is boring. Getting high is boring. Going out is boring. I thought I'd start writing short stories again but alas, Lolly had finished every last Ritalin I had and so any hope of concentrating went out the window. I started writing anyway, and got so frustrated with the shit that I had written that I almost threw the laptop against the wall. I read through my google history today and saw that I had googled "Alice In Wonderland jewelry" and "delicious foods to eat" when I was wasted on Tuesday. EVEN DRUNK ME IS GOING CRAZY. The 90 year old woman in me is growing larger and larger, and I fear she may eat me up whole if something doesn't change, and fast.

I do not see myself sitting in a laundromat with a Sudoku book and a hipflask filled with tea. I just don't see it.

My download for you this week is a remix by a friend of mine, Das Kapital, of Bon Iver's 'Skinny Love'. It's been #1 on The Hype Machine 3 times in the last few weeks, and I guarantee that you will thank me later. 


Download Bon Iver - Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub).



2 comments:

  1. SKINNY LOVE IS THE SEX SONG! :) I love it! & a good remix will make me even wetter, in the PANTS.

    I chortled throughout the whole post. I absolutely understand how you feel about the whole days of the week being boring, how nothing is entertaining anymore, and just in general- LIFE being boring! -__-'' I drown myself in books, but I'll be going back to school so I'll be too busy to be full of boring.. Something you don't have to enjoy bless your soul.

    I hope you find something soon though, lest your 90 yr old self possess you fully. Find your local dealer and cop some Ritalin- your best bet to a happy speed-filled ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WILL YOU ENJOY WEDNESDAY IF I COME VISIT?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it.